We need an “A” player with 9+ years of post-graduate agency experience. The Account Director is responsible for the leadership and management of a core team of client service professionals. They are responsible for agency performance by direct management of key accounts. This includes financial goals attainment, development of agency/client relationships, overall client satisfaction, and coaching/mentoring client service staff members.
- Establish and foster senior level client relationships
- Responsible for the growth and vitality of the agency clients with a focus on organic growth of key accounts
- Lead internal teams, creative and digital, in the development of an annual business/marketing plan in conjunction with stated or potential client needs
- Optimize the impact of customer insight in the creative/program development process by inspiring and partnering with the Creative Staff
- Remains actively involved in day-to-day client initiatives, including understanding of business building, strategy, media and creative projects
- Perform personnel reviews, coach and mentor direct reports, manages staff development, career paths, reviews and hiring
- Strive to ensure all work is completed on time, on strategy and on budget
- Cultivate expert knowledge and contacts within the necessary fields
- Demonstrate strong conceptual thinking skills
- Combine analytical rigor with creative problem-solving skills
- Translate client’s business objectives into marketing and communications objectives for the agency
- Ensure both client satisfaction and profitability by proactively managing scope, timelines, budgets and resource allocation
- Forge relationships with outside partners/suppliers as needed
- Delegates duties and responsibilities to account team members
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of advertising/integrated marketing agency principles and practices. Knowledge of communication and advertising/marketing techniques. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal departmental relationships. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Problem solver, seeing the big picture and looking for opportunities, when faced with challenges
- Provides strategic oversight, sharing clear feedback grounded in a strong understanding of the client’s objectives and brand positioning
- Must be an industry leader with highly visible profile with 9+ years of experience within an advertising agency setting. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional travel.
What’s in it for you?
- Full benefits: medical, dental, 401K match
- Exciting, fast-paced environment
- Industry-leading clients (consumer and B2B)
- Generous WFH policy
- Unlimited PTO
- Half Day Fridays
- Dog friendly office
- The opportunity to grow and shape the future of the agency