Job Posting: Media Director
Published March 1, 2021 6:09 pm by
You are: An innovative, highly experienced media strategist and tactician with proven leadership ability looking for a demanding role where you can make a big impact. A forward-leaning media pro who loves untangling complex marketing challenges and always puts a laser-sharp focus on results. You’re skillful at presenting and selling-in complex, multichannel media strategies and you are fast on your feet with tough client questions. You’re passionate about your work, but also appreciate a culture with a healthy work/life balance.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to take a sophisticated integrated media team to the next level. Your experience and big ideas will help you shape the future of our media team, and you’ll work closely with other agency leaders to hone our integrated processes—driving change and impacting agency culture and performance. We work with clients across multiple industries. We specialize in helping marketers in B2B and other high-consideration segments drive growth with a fresh perspective and sophisticated multi-channel approaches.
What’s in it for you: The Media Director position at LoSasso is a dream job for the marketing professional who is entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative and has a strong focus on measurement. We’re a group of young, energized and constantly evolving integrated marketers—eager to push the envelope and reach higher. Our organization’s mid-sized, nimble nature encourages and rewards those that take initiative and demonstrate a real impact for our clients. Far from being a cog in the machine, you’ll be expected to make your mark and exert influence. Very competitive benefits, a great work-life balance and fun, sharp colleagues add to the equation. LoSasso is an equal opportunity employer.
- The ideal candidate has 10+ years of overall experience spanning media strategy, planning and buying, with a minimum of 6 years in digital marketing.
- Strong experience with media strategy and planning across traditional and modern media channels
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in planning, execution, optimization and reporting on results-driven digital campaigns (paid, search, display, retargeting, paid social), ideally within an agency environment
- Experience managing teams, recruiting, training, mentoring
- Experience working with senior-level marketing team members to develop high-level annual marketing plans that take media, content strategy, website development, PR, etc. into consideration
- Ability to manage large projects with cross-functional teams, through a structured engagement to achieve business objectives
- Creating, developing, analyzing, and growing the use of digital marketing initiatives across various channels and audiences.
- Experience and proficiency with targeting options and strategies for paid social campaigns (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience working on programmatic campaigns (DataXu/Roku/OneView)
- Ability to keep timelines and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team setting
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be an excellent written and verbal communicator, skillful at presenting and selling-in multichannel media strategies and fast on your feet with any tough client questions or objections
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Experience managing Connected TV (CTV) campaigns
- Advanced knowledge of Excel—vLookUps, Pivot tables, etc.
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Media Evolution—Evaluate ongoing changes in the media landscape. Develop agency POVs on adoption and implementation for agency clients and growth prospects and lead the activation of new tools and strategies.
- Team Management—Lead and mentor a team of digital media specialists and analysts. Help guide strategy and planning, working closely with team leads on the account and creative side. Help institute and encourage media-specific agency processes to ensure success and evolution—including problem solving when issues arise. Lead development of department goals, individual goals, performance reviews and performance improvement plans.
- New Business–Support efforts to prospect, pitch and win new business. Lead media response to new prospective assignments, build sample plans, conversion models and ROI forecasts, scope projects and develop master service agreements (MSAs) and statements of work (SOWs).
- Media Research—Conduct secondary research using syndicated resources like Kantar Media for competitive ad spending analysis, and Simmons for consumer segmentation and insight development. Develop performance benchmarks using historical client, agency and industry resources. Assist in audience sizing and audience targeting definition using Facebook, LinkedIn, LiveRamp, Twitter and other partners. Onboard client CRM databases. Represent media team in Business Intelligence (BI) Lead Team working with research and web/app development leaders to assist clients with research, data and measurement strategies.
- Media Planning—Work closely with account and creative teams to onboard new clients/work on new annual plans for current clients and develop media briefs. Support and lead development of media plans to define investment objectives, challenges, consumer/brand/channel insights, connection ideas. Develop marketing channel mix recommendations, conversion models, ROI forecasts and measurement plans. Calculate audience reach frequency. Supervise and collaborate with LoSasso media team and analyst.
- Media Buying—Support media team efforts to request and review vendor partner proposals. Negotiate rates and program elements, secure insertion orders. Support media team use of Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, DataXu/Roku/OneView and other media platforms. Summarize ad specs and share with creative team. Identify new partners and placement options. Develop stable A/B tests.
- Media Operations—Support media team efforts to load creative to media platforms and traffic ad creative to vendor partners. Ability to manage programs directly on DataXu/Roku/OneView, Google, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and other platforms as needed.
- Media Tracking and Analytics—Support media team efforts to establish ad tracking. Build campaign performance report formats and cadence. Review report data and compare actual plan performance to goals. Develop insights and actions to optimize return on investment. Adjust plans based on optimization recommendations.
- Media Management + Accounting—Approve media authorizations and insertion orders. Manage plan changes and monthly invoice payment, accounts payable and budget reconciliation. Assist with client invoicing and accounts receivable. Assist in the optimization of templates and timelines to increase the efficiency and productivity of agency operations.
To apply, click here.