Job Posting: Account Director
Published May 18, 2021 10:19 am by
You are: An experienced “A” player driven to stretch beyond the status quo. A visionary individual that has their sights set on an exhilarating future with the knowledge that it’s built through the detail of day-to-day.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): The Account Director is responsible for the leadership and management of a core team of client service professionals. They are responsible for agency performance by direct management of key accounts. This includes financial goals attainment, development of agency/client relationships, overall client satisfaction, and coaching/mentoring client service staff members.
What’s in it for you: We’re a group of young, energized and constantly evolving integrated marketers—eager to push the envelope and reach higher. Our organization’s mid-sized, nimble nature encourages and rewards those that take initiative and demonstrate a real impact for our clients. Far from being a cog in the machine, you’ll be expected to make your mark and exert influence. Very competitive benefits, a great work-life balance and fun, sharp colleagues add to the equation.
- 9+ years of post-graduate agency experience
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of advertising/integrated marketing agency principles and practices.
- Knowledge of communication and advertising/marketing techniques.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal departmental relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Must be an industry leader with highly visible profile and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel.
- Establish and foster senior level client relationships
- Responsible for the growth and vitality of the agency clients with a focus on organic growth of key accounts
- Lead internal teams, creative and digital, in the development of an annual business/marketing plan in conjunction with stated or potential client needs
- Optimize the impact of customer insight in the creative/program development process by inspiring and partnering with the Creative Staff
- Remains actively involved in day-to-day client initiatives, including understanding of business building, strategy, media and creative projects
- Perform personnel reviews, coach and mentor direct reports, manages staff development, career paths, reviews and hiring
- Strive to ensure all work is completed on time, on strategy and on budget
- Cultivate expert knowledge and contacts within the necessary fields
- Demonstrate strong conceptual thinking skills
- Combine analytical rigor with creative problem-solving skills
- Translate client’s business objectives into marketing and communications objectives for the agency
- Negotiate contracts and fee arrangements as needed
- Forge relationships with outside partners/suppliers as needed
- May perform personnel reviews, coach and mentor direct reports, manages staff development, career paths, reviews and hiring
- Delegates duties and responsibilities to account team members
To apply, click here.